Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Will PowerDVD 3D Ultra II Mark playback 3D Blu Rays on an Acer H5360 without 3D Vision ?
ngkou11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2007 20:57 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
hanks for the very useful info :

my progress so far:

I can now play 3D Blu Ray movies having windows XP Pro, PowerDVD 3D Ultra II Mark on a Samsung Plasma PS50A450 (PS50A476 Europe - 1360x768 resolution)

I am so happy about it because my hdtv is not obsolete as I feared and the picture quality is amazing !!

My next project is to achieve 3D BR playback and 3D games by using the very same PC and the projector Acer H5360 (which is on the way to me).

My concerns are:

a. 3D BR playback shouldn t be an issue if use the "120 hz time sequential" option on Powerdvd 3D ultra, but will it work without 3d vision? because then i will have to change the OS to windows 7.

b. playing 3d games through my existing Tridef software is out of question because tridef ignition (3d game launcher plattform by TriDef) doesn t support time-sequential to feed the projector. So, 3d vision is also required.

c. OK, assuming that 3d vision is necessary... do I have to buy the 3d vision Glasses ?! I ordered XpanD X102 3d glasses for half the price "dlp link" compatible without the need for an emmiter. will they work with the acer h5360 (they should as acer is dlp link compatible.

d. Will my plasma 3D dlp glasses work with 3d vision? (now they do, connected to the sync vesa port at the rear of the samsung).

So many questions :
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hanks for the very useful info :

a. 3D BR playback shouldn t be an issue if use the "120 hz time sequential" option on Powerdvd 3D ultra, but will it work without 3d vision? because then i will have to change the OS to windows 7.

PDVD 10 ULTRA supports 3D-Vision under Windows 7 with this h5360 Beamer

b. playing 3d games through my existing Tridef software is out of question because tridef ignition (3d game launcher plattform by TriDef) doesn t support time-sequential to feed the projector. So, 3d vision is also required.

I can not make any statement to games, sorry

c. OK, assuming that 3d vision is necessary... do I have to buy the 3d vision Glasses ?! I ordered XpanD X102 3d glasses for half the price "dlp link" compatible without the need for an emmiter. will they work with the acer h5360 (they should as acer is dlp link compatible.

Yes - in current stage PowerDVD 10 only supports 3D Vision 120-Hz-Timesequential
DLP link is not supported in current stage (need to check if and when)
3D vision only works with NV 3D-Vision glasses

d. Will my plasma 3D dlp glasses work with 3d vision? (now they do, connected to the sync vesa port at the rear of the samsung).

sorry - from my info 3D-Vision needs 3D-Vision glasses in current stage

So many questions :
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
clubchampx9 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2010 22:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I see you have the same projector as I, I'm running 3d Vision with Windows 7 but when I run BD Advisor it says my projector is not 3D. Have you been able to get 3d Blu Ray movies to play in 3D using the H5360?
ngkou11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2007 20:57 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it plays 3d blu ray amazingly. In fact it plays so good that it is hard to distinguish that it is is not a full 1080 !! I compared the picture quality to my expensive full HD Projector IN83 Infocus still sold for around 5000 usd. You hardly see the diference at 100 inches screen.

there many things to check: set nvidia control panel to 1280x720 resolution @ 120 hz refr rate and tick the option enable 3dvision, click 3d vision enabled at the projectors menu, activate nvidia glasses and 3d vision emitter, choose 120 hz display option in Powerdvd menu, use 3d blu ray disc to play in 3d (not 2d), and do the test that the control pannel recomments and if you succeed incl the medical test then it lets you play in 3d : i hope it helps
Milt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2010 18:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The last response (ngkou11) ignores the key question:

Can a 3D ready DLP projector (like the ACER H5360 or 1261) be used to view bluray 3D movies with PowerDVD?

In this setup, there is no emitter, only active shutter glasses from non-NVIDIA manufacturers.

Past answers from Cyberlink Michael have indicated that this has not been possible but that he will check to see if and when this might be introduced.

Cyberlink, please note that there are many of us awaiting this answer.

Thanks, Milt
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

currently the 3DLP ready output you refer to is not supported by PowerDVD.

Please understand that we constantly work to improve the support for different 3D technologies but that we can also not promise when a specific feature will be supported.

thanks for your understanding
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan