Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple Crop Without Zoom in PowerDirector 8?
seandirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2010 00:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
In PowerDirector 8, I would like to simply crop a video without zooming/panning in toward the subject. The video camera I used had the viewfinder showing a certain frame intake and the real video data had a wider fram intake. I have many videos that I need to crop. I do not have a need to zoom in.

I used the crop tool in PowerDirector 8 and it automatically zooms in. I can't seem to find a way to turn the zooming feature off. Any ideas?
coreytroy
Newbie Location: ɹәpun uʍop puɐႨ әႡʇ Joined: Aug 16, 2010 23:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
See here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8182.page#34016
Which way is up?
¿dn sı ʎɐʍ ɥɔıɥʍ
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi seandirector,

The zooming in and out is controlled by the Key Frames (little diamonds).
If you do not want any zooming…
- Move the scrubber (blue line) to the first key frame > Size the crop to desired size.
- Move scrubber to the last key frame.
- Click on the “double diamond with plus (+) sign” tab > choose Duplicate Previous Key Frame.
The crop will now remain constant throughout the duration of the clip.

Or…
- Place clip in a PIP track > Click the Modify tab to open PIP Designer.
- Expand the clip beyond the boundaries of the preview screen to get just the desired area.
- Click OK.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2010 01:19

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
seandirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2010 00:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston,

Yes, sir. That all did the trick! Thanks much for the tips! I chose option 1 because I wanted the PIP for a real picture and I needed to trim the video. So, it was nice to have the video on the video track.

-seandirector
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No Name Newbie - Please add a name to your profile, and we discourage posting competing software, although Geovid seems to not exactly fall in that hole. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT