Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No webcam detected. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure it is on.
Maizie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2010 17:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Compaq Presario CQ62.

As far as I know, I have a webcam. I've had this computer for four days now and just recently downloaded the 3.0 to see if this would correct the problem and it did not. I got this laptop for my birthday, and was told "I even got the one with the webcam because I knew that's what you wanted." However, I haven't been able to get my webcam to pull up on any type of service (YouCam, Stickam, Oovoo, etc) and I am starting to doubt the black glass rectangle in the middle of my computer really even is a webcam...

It will play audio (stickam) but there just isn't a video feed. What could possibly be the problem!?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2020 20:31

trudi$$$ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2010 14:34 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same problem with my 2 day old Medion Akoya.

Try as I might I can't get it to operate!

HELP!!!
trudi$$$ [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have now googled the problem and found that I had to press fn and F6 buttons on the keyboard (ps my F6 button has little picture of a webcam on it) to switch on the webcam then Youcam announces that it has found a new camera and do you want to use it?

Why can't things be easy! Ity took me over two hours to connect to the internet when I first got this laptop 2 days ago!

Kristin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2010 06:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem, but no cam on/off on my F6 button or other places on my Samsung R580 laptop with integrated web-cam
Have tried the Customer support E-mail - noe respons there.

Deinstalled you cam soft ware and reinstalled - nothing happens
Even paid 37 £ for the youcam 3.0 software - nothing happens

Suddenly, yesterday, the camera worked! But with WebCam SBC-190N software, not youcam.
Today, nothing.

There must be some way to get the camera / software to work properly??!!

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kristen,

It sounds like another program is using the webcam, so YouCam can't find it.

Make sure that all other programs that might be using it are closed. Some of them might launch automatically. You can check in the notification area (near the clock on your task bar) and also see if is running when in Windows Explorer.

Also, make sure that CyberLink Webcam Splitter is selected as the default webcam in MSN, Skype, etc.

You can check the quick start guide for YouCam 4 here for reference to the two things I mentioned. I know that you have version 3 installed, but the process for fixing those same issues would be the same:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/user_guide/youcam/QSG/4/QuickStart.pdf

Regards,
David
Lizeth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2010 11:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
go to Device Manager> and enable all the device that are disable. i did that and it begun to work very good then.
JennyBear [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 01:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
i have the same laptop however, my f6 doesn't have the same option O.o how strange. Also, I looked under my device manager and its not even listed there anymore. can someone please help me? this is driving me crazy.
[Post New]
I got my laptop this summer for college, and the papers that came w/ it says that the little black box next to the mic is the webcam, but it doesn't seem to work! I've download Youcam 5 and NCH Debut Video, but neither program can find the webcam but the computer says "This device is working properly."
If it's working fine then what's wrong w/ it?
trudi$$$ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cecelia Panther. Do you have a 'Fn' button on your keyboard? It may have different text colour to the other keys (Mine is blue) I press and hold that 'Fn' button and also press the button at F8 that also shows a blue symbol of a 'satellite' symbol. You don't say what your model of laptop is so it is difficult to work out what to do!!!
[Post New]
It's a Compaq, and my f8 button is the skip ahead, are you talking about the Wi-Fi helper? because that's on.
trudi$$$ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry my fault. Got confused the webcam on mine is fn and F6 not F8 (F8 is wifi)
trudi$$$ [Avatar]
[Post New]
See if this helps.........paste the link below into your browser.....

http://www.ehow.com/how_7267760_change-functions-compaq-presario-c700.html

You might be able to change the functions of the Fn and F 2 - 12 keys
[Post New]
Thanks, but computer doesn't have that option, I tried what buttons I didn't know, but none are for the webcam.
trudi$$$ [Avatar]
[Post New]
All I can suggest is that you contact the Compaq website and use the Support option. You'll need to know the exact model. Link below. Good luck and let us know if you get it sorted x

http://www.compaq.com/country/uk/en/
Paula@63 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2011 22:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a HP Pavilion dv7. I see the fn key but none of the others you guys mention to turn on my youcam. Any ideas?
Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
If I am getting that situation, I am just pushing all batons from F! to F12 and so on with FN(function) Key holded down, it may change Your brightness etc but You will find the solution.
Leron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2012 02:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I Have a HP pavillion dv6748 us and when i turn on youcam my webcam automatically turns on but now its saying no webcam detected. Someone please help asap.
mdas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2011 01:41 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paula@63,

To test the webcam with Cyberlink YouCam, click Start , type youcam in the search field, and select YouCam from the list. When the application launches, assuming the area in front of the webcam is brightly lit, you will see an image of yourself displayed in the center of the application. You can completed the test to verify the webcam works.

Moreover use this link for your reference :- http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01415015&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3744230
Leron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2012 02:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I did that i even tried uninstalling and re installing youcam and during the installation it said no webcam device detected.
Michael1979 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2012 21:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a HP pavilion dv7. My Youcam was working just fine until the recent update. Suddenly I got the integrated camera message. I got my wecam working but now ever 3-5 minutes my cam cuts out and the message "Warning: Cyberlink YouCam found a new webcam (HP TrueVisioon HD). Do you want to beging using it?". Now this is the only webcam on the laptop. Nothing else is running or tring to use the wecam. It was working just fine until the update so I'm assuming there was a flaw with the software that's been causing all these issues. So could we get a fix or am I going to need to buy new Webcam software. Complain to HP for including shotty software on my brand new laptop and never recommend this software to anyone ever?