Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Do I Make a Custom Profile?
Brendan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2010 01:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey all -

I got PD 7 about a week ago and I've really been enjoying it: it's a fun and powerful program. I'm having difficulties, however, changing the quality of videos I produce and I suspect this is because of the default profile being used is less than optimal. My question is, how do I change the default profile or add one of my own? When I click on the 'custom' option from the drop-down menu, I'm told simply that there are no custom profiles to choose from. What it doesn't tell me is how I go about -adding- one, as I am clearly interested in doing so or else I wouldn't have clicked that option in the first place... I've been searching online for a solution, a guide, anything...but to no avail.

I'd appreciate it greatly if one of you knowledgeable-types could explain to me how creating and installing (is that the right word?) a customized profile is done, or at the very least point in the direction of a useful tutorial on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brendan,

The knowledgeable types are having lunch....but I might be able to help you. The only profiles that I know how to create are of the wmv file type variety. I have made my own custom YouTube wmv profiles with a 1920x1080 resolution and with a 8000k bitrate(half of the original). The default YouTube profiles didn't meet my needs.

I made a short tutorial demonstrating how to make your own. Let us know if you have any troubles creating them or having them appear as a selection within PD. While you are at the PDtoots channel, take a look around, you might find some other tutorials that might be of interest to you. Be sure to read the "info" about this tutorial it has links to software that you need to edit the Profiles(prx files) and it shows you where the profiles reside.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/17/vw2RlzIt9EM

AND...if you select the mpeg-2 file type it allows you to create a custom profile within Power Director. You will find it in the drop down list of the "Profile Type". I have never used this...but the option is there...give it a try.

Regards,

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
EDWARD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2009 23:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I would also like to know how to do this.
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
There is a excellent description of how to create a profile in this thread . . .

Click on -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11663.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2010 12:33

Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
EDWARD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2009 23:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: There is a excellent description of how to create a profile in this thread . . .

Click on -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11663.page

Maybe I am missing something but I do not see anything about creating a profile. Thanks for helping either way. What I really want to do is change the Bit rate to 5,000 any idea how to do that? Also I use Vimeo for my HD videos since Vimeo does not censor music and you can upload larger files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2010 18:03