Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom in effect
Al
Newbie Location: North Dakota, USA Joined: Jan 07, 2010 01:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I want to have the video zoom in and stay there, without the zoom back out at the end, and then smoothly transition into the next video segment.

When I move the little diamond to the far right end of the bar (in the Modify Effect window), I get a very fast zoom out in the middle of the transition to the next piece of video.

If I remove the end diamond, I get the desired zoom in but as the transition to the next video segment starts, I get weird and undesirable flashes that totally break the flow of the video. It's very distracting.

The only way I've found, so far, is to produce a video file of just the one shot I want with the zoom in effect. And I leave the video much longer than I need it to be. Then I import that video to the file for the video I'm working on and trim the length so the rough end doesn't show.

That's a lot more messing around than I think I should have to do and I'm hoping that somebody knows a quicker, less hassle way to do what I want.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I want to have the video zoom in and stay there, without the zoom back out at the end, and then smoothly transition into the next video segment.

When I move the little diamond to the far right end of the bar (in the Modify Effect window), I get a very fast zoom out in the middle of the transition to the next piece of video.

If I remove the end diamond, I get the desired zoom in but as the transition to the next video segment starts, I get weird and undesirable flashes that totally break the flow of the video. It's very distracting.

The only way I've found, so far, is to produce a video file of just the one shot I want with the zoom in effect. And I leave the video much longer than I need it to be. Then I import that video to the file for the video I'm working on and trim the length so the rough end doesn't show.

That's a lot more messing around than I think I should have to do and I'm hoping that somebody knows a quicker, less hassle way to do what I want.
Hi Al,
There is a tutorial on Zooming for a still image for PD7.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

In PD8 you can localises and zoom into a video, I use it a lot.
I suggest you give PD8 a whirl.... and get the fastest solution.

To whet your appetite take a look at the image below.

Dafydd
[Moderator]