Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio fade in and out
PETER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 10:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to make audio clips fade in at the start of a video clip and then fade out after the commencement of the next clip so as to obtain a smooth transition. Cyberlink tell me to use the audio mixer but doing this changes the sound level for not just the clip but the whole movie.

I'm sure there must be a simple answer to such a basic requirement. Can anyome help please?

I am using the basic version of Power Director 5 that came with the video camera.
Aspa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2006 05:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Drag and drop your audio file onto the Voice or Music Timeline. Click Trim button. Click the speaker button and enter the no. of seconds for the fade in/out.
I am using Power Director Express 3.20.1619
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I am thinking whether adjusting audio key frames meets what you want to do.

If you're using PD5, you can find audio level line in master video, voice-over and music tracks, respectively. Clicking on the line will add key frame on. Draging another end downwards can make the audio fade.

Good luck.
PETER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Drag and drop your audio file onto the Voice or Music Timeline. Click Trim button. Click the speaker button and enter the no. of seconds for the fade in/out.
I am using Power Director Express 3.20.1619

Thanks very much for solving my problem.
PETER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I am thinking whether adjusting audio key frames meets what you want to do.

If you're using PD5, you can find audio level line in master video, voice-over and music tracks, respectively. Clicking on the line will add key frame on. Draging another end downwards can make the audio fade.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help.