Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blue or Green Screen
BWANAK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ken Joined: Apr 24, 2010 15:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to shoot against a Blue or Green Screen (sometimes called a Chroma Key) and then have the Blue or Green screen replaced with another image.

For example.

Sit someone in a wheelchair, a la Forest Gump, with Blue stockings pulled up to the knee. Then shoot the shot against a Blue screen.

Import the clip into PowerDirector and then underlay the image of the person in the wheelchair with an image of a room. Both the blue background and the blue stockings would be replaced with the image in the background making it appear as the the person in the wheel chair has no legs.

This would be typical of what a weather person uses on TV whwre the shot is against a Chroma Key background on to which a weather map is digitally imposed making it look as though they are standing in front of a weather map, which of course they are not.

Any help would be appreciated. ken
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have a screen yet?
http://www.tubetape.com/

Anyway, yes, PD can do this, easily, but you need to get the screen just right.
EVEN LIGHTING! Left, right, top, bottom, NO SHADOWS!
NO WRINKLES!
Watch your subject colors.
NO WRINKLES
EVEN LIGHTING! (see the theme here?)

a recent example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhHTT7Srv1U
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
foresthillsbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2010 18:45 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Another suggestion for chromakey: use the Video Crop function to get rid of any weird shadows or poorly lit sections near the edges of the greenscreen.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you look at my example, you might see I hid the worst part with the audience!
It ain't easy getting it right. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Perry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2016 09:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
How do I place a pic over a green screen in PowerDirector ULTRA 14 I know its easy in Power Director Ultimate 14 but I have ULTRA and videos I have seen online only show the Ultimate version tutorial on how to do it. What is the step by step method?

Thankyou
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I place a pic over a green screen in PowerDirector ULTRA 14 I know its easy in Power Director Ultimate 14 but I have ULTRA and videos I have seen online only show the Ultimate version tutorial on how to do it. What is the step by step method?

Thankyou

Hi, Perry!

The method's the same whichever version you're using(by the way, as you're using PD14, you could've posted this in the PD14 forum, but were here no so we'll push onward).

It isn't so much putting your image over the "green screen" as such(I don't think that's what you meant initially) but after you've shot the video of your subject, as described in you opening post, it's a simple matter of choosing which background image(be it still or movie image), putting that on the main timeline, Video Track 1, then put the video of your subject on Video Track 2, then click on "Modify" the "Chroma-Key function" will then appear. Click on the "pippet"(eye-dropper) and it can then be dragged over to the image, click on the green background and it will disappear, leaving the background you wanted showing through. Hope that's of help.

Cheers!

Neil.