CyberLink Community Forum
BD-R disc create and playback issue  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
JohnSleen19460

I recently bought a blu-ray burner for my PC with the hope of creating BD-R discs from my Canon HF10 HD videos (AVCHD). I have a new LG BD390 blu-ray player. I was able to create a DVD-DL (8.5GB) disc with a HD AVCHD movie file on it and it will play in my blu-ray player. But, when I try to create a blu-ray (BD-R) disc with a HD MPEG-2 movie file on it, the blu-ray player will not recognize the disc and play it. LG states that the BD390 player will play BD-R discs, both BDMV and BDAV.

Windows media player won't play it either, but when I go into the files on the disc, it will play the movie file in the Stream folder.

Any suggestions? Maybe I should burn a BD-R disc with a AVCHD movie file instead.
Andrew - Wales, UK

Contributor

Hi John,

I've had issues with the burning engine in PD8 in the past that have resulted in unplayable discs. Sometimes the blu-rays weren't recognised and the AVCHD DVDs would take a long time to load in the Sony blu-ray player.

What I do now is burn my projects to blu-ray folders and then use Power2go or imgburn to burn the folders to disc. I've found that to be a far more reliable method of production.

As someone who burns to blu-ray all the time, I can highly recommend re-writeable discs. They're a bit more expensive but they've saved me alot of money along the way.

Verbatim are the discs I use because of the cheaper cost and I've found them to be very reliable.

Burning to blu-ray folders is not activated as standard, here's the workaround:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8131.page

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/04/2010 15:18:07

Intel i7 920 2.67GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTS-450 1GB GDDR5
Windows 8.1 Pro

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Canon Legria HFR506
Sony Alpha a35 and NEX-3N
HDedit

Senior Contributor

FYI - Windows media player does not have the ability to play BD or AVCHD discs. It will play the video files but not directly from the recorded DVD.

Win 7, 64 bit, i7
JohnSleen19460

Thanks everyone for the responses.
JohnSleen19460

As a follow-up, I followed the suggestions and activated a bluy-ray folder, then created and burned a BD video file (MPEG-2 HD) to the BD folder, and used imgburn to burn a BD-R disc....and success! My LG blu-ray player recognizes the BD-R disc and plays the MPEG-2 HD video.

Thanks again for the help.

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: