CyberLink Community Forum
TODO -File Description- has stopped working  XML
Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
RYAN

I just installed PowerDVD9 on a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
My system:
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel /REV. 1.0
ENERMAX MODU82+ EMD625AWT 625W ATX12V Ver.2.3
Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor (8M Cache, 2.66 GHz)
LG Super Multi Blue BD-ROM/DVD Rewiter - CH08LS10
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II (SSD)
WD Caviar Black 1.0 TB 32MB Cache

My problem according to Cyberlink support:

HIS H585F1GDG Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

After several support tickets back and forth to Cyberlink they blame the ATI 5850. Quote:

"In response to your issue please note that though the system is Blu-Ray capable, however the Graphics card "ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series " > Drivers do not support the RGBOverlay technology thus giving errors with Blu-Ray playback.

Video overlay (RGB Overlay) is a technique implemented by most modern graphics cards that allows an application (PowerDVD) to write to a dedicated part of video memory, rather than to the part (RAM) shared by all applications. In this way, clipping, moving and scaling of the image can be performed by the graphics hardware (graphics card) rather than by the CPU in software.

I suggest you to once visit the manufacturer website and contact their technical support to obtain drivers for your card which supports RGBOverlay in order to resolve the issue."

I've sent a support ticket to ATI 5 days ago and no response.

I've been on the AVS forums looking for help, but no luck.

So, anyone had a similar issue. I'm really puzzled that everything runs great but PowerDVD9.
Will PowerDVD10 even work with my setup (this is a heavy HTPC and should handle most anything).

My drivers are updated, so what is up?

I can play Blu-rays, but this error comes up everytime. I just close it out, but something is causing it. Is it really my ATI 5850?

Any suggestions would really be great.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/03/2010 23:15:28

Lawrence

I am having the same problem and I Just was looking to see if anyone was having the same problem when I saw your post. Has anyone helped you yet? Did you find out any answers yet? I tryed to uninstall the whole program but it would not let me, it is trying to install over and over
RYAN

Lawrence wrote:I am having the same problem and I Just was looking to see if anyone was having the same problem when I saw your post. Has anyone helped you yet? Did you find out any answers yet? I tryed to uninstall the whole program but it would not let me, it is trying to install over and over

Cyberlink support sent me a link for PWRDVD10 30 day trial.
I installed that and no longer get an error.

Since I purchased PwrDVD9 within 30 days of 10 coming out theye said I could upgrade free.

But, they also said it wouldn't be the end of April until someone from sales would contact me with a installation key!!

Wel this of course hasn't happened yet.

I wrote support back again 5 days ago telling them I don't want 2 versions on my system and the 'upgrade to 10' popup keeps coming up.

NO RESPONSE from Cyberlink.

And, when I do try to use PowerDVD9 I always get the TODO error which they can't seem to get a fix for me.

I did run their BD advisor tool and my brand new top of the line HTPC passed ALL requirements.

So, I'm still waiting for this issue to be resolved Cyberlink.

RYAN

Well, after 6 weeks of waiting for Cyberlink sending me a activation code they still have not done so.

I've writen several support tickets, here is how they respond:

Our sales team will send you the the PowerDVD 10 Ultra (free upgrade PowerDVD 9 to PowerDVD 10) with the activation code by end of April' 2010.

Well April goes by and no response as promised, so they respond to another one of my tickets this way:

I wish to inform you that it will be automatically provided to you. There is no point to worry about it. It will be executed on time.

And then another response is this:

I wish to inform you that I have escalated your issue to sales team and very soon I will get back to you.

Then a week later they give me another response:

Regarding your issue, I request you to please get back to us after 3 business days so that I can provide you the download link as well as the activation key for the software.

Ok, they tell me to write back in 3 days, WTF.

So I did and now I'm waiting again.

Hopefully this will give other potential purchasers of Cyberlink products what they can expect from support.

I did install MPC with ffdshow, I can bitstream DTS-HD MA without issue. Why did I ever waste a penny on Cyberlink?

I'm very impressed.
RYAN

Still waiting for support to answer my tickets.
RYAN

I was FINALLY given directions and codes for PowerDVD 10 installation last week. This was after 6 weeks of requesting the upgrade and a bunch of promises from support.

PowerDVD 10 now will NOT accept the "critical patches" from Cyberlink.

I get errors when trying to install the patches.

It's been over 4 days since my last support ticket and still NO REPLY FROM CYBERLINK.

Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Go to: