Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error f4d41436
brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2010 23:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I had power dvd 8 for playing DVDs on my dell laptop running XP, old radeon 9000 video card. Never had any problems. NONE.

I updated to Windows 7, updated all of my drivers etc, and now powerDVD doesn't work. I just get:

TheTV Out port of your display card is not working properly.
Error:
F4D41436
This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

I'm not connected to a TV and I can't find any "TV out function" enabled.

I reinstalled it from the download, same thing. The previews or whatever is at the beginning of the disk will start to play without sound for a second or two, then nothing except the error message.

Tried using Windows Media Player as an alternative, and it plays the video fine, but with no audio. I've tried adjusting every setting I can find, checking all my drivers, etc. I am just out of ideas.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have dual monitors enabled in the graphics card driver? I don't know that it has anything to do with your problem, but PowerDVD may think you have two monitors plugged in even if you really don't. Just guessing here. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2010 23:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have dual monitors enabled in the graphics card driver? I don't know that it has anything to do with your problem, but PowerDVD may think you have two monitors plugged in even if you really don't. Just guessing here.

I looked under Hardware->Devices-> and under Hardware->Display. Windows 7 has two buttons under display that say "detect" and "identify" that refresh the list of available monitors. The only one on the list is "generic pnp monitor" "with standard vga adapter". I thought about disabling this but was afraid if I did that I would have no display, and no way to see to re-enable it. I'm not sure what setting I could change to make PowerDVD know I'm not using an extra monitor?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
No, that sounds right to me. You may need to contact tech support and I hope they can help. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Edgar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2012 16:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i have this same issue with powerdvd10 any solution?