Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with Power DVD DX 8.3.1.6107
Ronan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2010 17:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have purchased a Dell studio 1555 laptop last summer with a blue ray reader and bundled with Power DVD 8. I watched a few Blue ray discs until today: I cannot read any blue ray now, but I can read simple DVDs, or CDs with Power DVD. I don't know what happened...
Here is the information:
PowerDVD DX 8.3.1.6107
Windows 7 64 bit
Bundled
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4570
Audio Card: Ati High def audio device
4 Gigs Ram
i have Bitdefender Internet security suite, and Power DVD isn't blocked or locked in it... After crashing 3 times, Power DVD proposed me two updates: the firtst one made 58Mo, and the second 32Mo, I had to restart computer after the first one.
So, what may I do so that I can watch again Blue Rays?
Ronan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2010 17:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I found where is my problem: I have reinstalled all my Operating System today after trying to find where was the problem. After reinstalling evything I reinstalled Cyberlink given with my computer (I'll check the version). Then the software propose me to update, I'll do (as the update is from cyberlink site), and then, it become impossible to read any blue ray... Great product...
Should I reinstall all my OS, or just buy another software? (I'm quite angry writting this, because I've passed 2 days trying to solve the problem, thinking I had installed bad programs, and it comes from the Cyberlink update)...
pkanawati [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2011 15:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, everyone!

I have a XPS 8100 (win7 64bits) with HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH20N (firmware A101) and I can't play any Blu-Ray disc with the pre-installed PowerDVD DX 8.3.1.6107. I think the version Dell installed on my computer was the DVD only, so I've tried to install the CyberLink Power DVD DX 8_3 (BD version) from Dell's website and every time I got this message:

Error Code: -5011 : 0x80040707
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (472)
pAPPowerDVD
PVENDOR:My Company Name
PGUID:6811caa0-bf12-11d4-9ea1-0050bae317e1
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (7601) BT_OTHER 0.0

So, I can't install the BD version from https://smartsource.dell.com/web/main.aspx (VERY VERY OLD, by the way: 09/25/2009) and the version I got installed doesn't work with Blu-rays...

Does anyone knows another link for the PowerDVD DX BD version?
Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Contact Dell Tech support and they can send you the correct software disk and give you the link to download the software online.