Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Horizontal screen split using PIP?
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'd like to cut my screen (16:9 format) horizontally between two parts.

I guess I have to set 2 PIP objects, on for the upper half, one for the down half, but my problem then is how can I resize each of them by cropping, not proportionally resizing the picture? Is this possible?
I'd like to have two long rectangles...

Thanks for any help __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you can crop in PiP tracks, you can stretch by switching off "Keep aspect ratio" and do a virtual crop with a large PiP partly off screen so to speak.

You could preproduce each PiP in the main video and use the crop function there, and then bring them back in to the PiP tracks

or you could set up a mask depending on the effect and dimensions you want, as in this video :-
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/818/last-day-of-the-season/
(don't view it if you don't like game shooting )

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2010 08:55

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Resizing off screen... I should have thought about that.

Stretching may be a solution as well...

Thanks for the tip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2010 09:10