Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 Ultra freezes during production
[Post New]
Hi folks,

Thank you BarryTheCrab for pointing me to the template below. I appreciate the time and effort volunteered by the forum members to help fellow users like myself resolve their issues. As an aside, I'd like to preface this by stating that as a long time PowerDirector user, I've been pleased with the product, and it's with regret that my first interactions with this community are a request for help.

Per your guidance, I've provided the details requested from Dafydd's template.

1. Which operating system do you use, W8, W7, Vista, XP?
Windows 8 Home Premium (6.2.9200), all current critical/system updates installed

2. Which version of PD, See Part A below
PowerDirector Version 11 Ultra (11.0.0.3026)

3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PD and is NOT the CD-Key!)
VDE130529-01

4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment. Select "Post Reply > Attachments"
In this particular video, I've used a combination of the following source files:

+ .JPG (1920 x 1080 resolution, 72 dpi)
+ .PNG (1920 x 1080 resolution, transparent background, bit depth: 32)
+ .MTS (1280 x 720, 59 fps)
+ .MP4 (1920 x 1080 resolution, 29 fps)

5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. See Part D below.
During the production of the video at 43%, the progress bar stops and doesn't resume. The application doesn't hang, and I can cancel production and start over. I attempted this with and without preview, with and without hardware acceleration in
MPEG-4, H.264 AVC and MOV, and all options encountered the same behavior. I've tried saving my work, restarting the PC and trying again, but was unable to resolve the issue.

6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC?
Windows Defender

Antimalware Client Version: 4.3.215.0
Engine Version: 1.1.9800.0
Antivirus definition: 1.157.877.0
Antispyware definition: 1.157.877.0

7. What codec packs installed if any?
DivX

8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict?
None.

9. What burning software is installed on your PC?
None.

10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue (give the error code if any)?
N/A

11. What background processes / programs are running (especially important for problems with the burning) on your system? Ctrl+Alt+Delete will bring up Task manager and it'll list all applications running.
I will try to get a dump of the processes and attach them - any suggestions for getting an output would be helpful.

12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment, see [bPart B below. This is essential information and should be provide when you need help from members.[/b]
Please see attachment. Note: my discrete graphics card is a GTX 675MX using Optimus, so only the onboard card (Intel HD 4000 is displayed).

13. Supply a screenshot of the Edit Workspace, full screen image to show us what you're doing and the image also gives us vital data. See Part E & F below.
Please see attachment.

14. Update PDR by installing the latest patch: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
Done.
 Filename
sb_DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag results
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
369 time(s)
[Thumb - sample_workspace.jpg]
 Filename
sample_workspace.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of PD workspace
 Filesize
683 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
AHA!
You've got only 39 GB free on your C Drive.
It's been a point of debate here for some time EXACTLY how much is needed. The debate hovers around 100GB+-, but I submit more than 39 is better.
Another thing to look at is what do you have in your timeline at the point of stoppage?
Pull that out of there and see if...
A) Your render now gets past that file.
B) Try that file alone and see if it renders.
C) you have plenty of horse-power, disable shadow/proxy files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2013 10:30

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Bob:

Welcome to the Forum. I concur with Barry that you will likely have problems with only 39 GB free on your primary OS drive, which is where PD11 stores its cache and temporary files. Barry has given you excellent advice on that score as well as on the topic of determining what is at the point at PD11 is freezing. I have, in the past, encountered problems with simple fade transitions stopping production. Pull the offending one out and then all goes well until the next problem point, if any. Haven't had that problem of late with PD11, the latest build.

I don't know how long you are waiting. Sometimes PD11, when it encounters some heavy editing will appear to pause for an extended period (10 to 15 minutes) and then resume. I doubt that is your issue, but it is something to be considered.

One other real long shot is that some weird behaviour has been occasionally reported when DPI is enabled and I see that you have yours set to 125 percent.

Like Barry, apart from the C:\ space issue, your computer looks more than capable of handling HD editing in PD11. Let us know how you make out.

Regards,
-Phil

PS: Loved your avatar - don't worry about Barry, he's "the crab." That's his role here! :

Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Hi Barry and Phil,

Good guesses on the drive space, however I've got two drives:

C: Primary (OS) 120GB SSD
D: Secondary (Storage) 1TB SATA @ 5400 RPM

PowerDirector and all file directories are pointed to the "D:" drive which has about 750GB free.

Barry's suggestion was very close, I took his advise and removed the offending clip it was hanging on, and while that didn't solve the issue entirely, it made it past the 43% it would get stuck at and the application would crash around 60% or so.

I checked the event log, and found that PDR11.exe was faulting, but the error was too generic to pin point a specific cause. I did some research and discovered that some folks had reported issues with auto save causing crashes, particularly during production. I disabled auto-save, shadow files as well as both of the checkboxes for hardware acceleration in "preferences".

Welp somewhere in that mess of troubleshooting, it got all the way through the production and my first video on the new rig is complete!

Again, thank you all for your help - I do appreciate it!

P.S. Although I'm a long time PD user, I'm new to this forum and didn't want to step on any toes of those that help me so I think I'll find myself an avatar that's a bit less "put-offish" hehe ...
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Keep the avatar. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Barry and Phil,

Good guesses on the drive space, however I've got two drives:

C: Primary (OS) 120GB SSD
D: Secondary (Storage) 1TB SATA @ 5400 RPM

PowerDirector and all file directories are pointed to the "D:" drive which has about 750GB free.

Barry's suggestion was very close, I took his advise and removed the offending clip it was hanging on, and while that didn't solve the issue entirely, it made it past the 43% it would get stuck at and the application would crash around 60% or so.

I checked the event log, and found that PDR11.exe was faulting, but the error was too generic to pin point a specific cause. I did some research and discovered that some folks had reported issues with auto save causing crashes, particularly during production. I disabled auto-save, shadow files as well as both of the checkboxes for hardware acceleration in "preferences".

Welp somewhere in that mess of troubleshooting, it got all the way through the production and my first video on the new rig is complete!

Again, thank you all for your help - I do appreciate it!

P.S. Although I'm a long time PD user, I'm new to this forum and didn't want to step on any toes of those that help me so I think I'll find myself an avatar that's a bit less "put-offish" hehe ...

Just a little addition regarding the amount of available free hard disc space on your SSD drive. After communicating with the Power Director product manager, I wanted to know "where" the 100 gig free hard disc recommendation came from. I routinely use PD with much less space (46gig) successfully and burn many Blu-Ray discs on occasion. This is how it was explained to me. It is based on the "potential" project size when burning to a multiple layer disc where the capacity "could" be at 100 gig. A 100 gigs of free space is NOT required to edit projects successfully.

The only time PD generates significantly sized temporary files that might be of concern for you in the future would be if you attempted to burn a multiple layer Blu-Ray disc with a LARGE project that exceeded what you have for free hard disc space. Otherwise you should have no problems as you found out during your troubleshooting of your problem.

Significantly sized temporary files that are generated in PD that would end up on your SSD drive only happen in the following conditions that would affect you.

1. Shadow files enabled in preferences. These files will end up on your SSD drive as you have no alternate choice, but are of no concern since you have now disabled this preference. The shadow files could "potentially" FILL your SSD drive during a project, but that depends entirely on the scope/duration of how many HD video files are imported into the media room. And that is completely under a users control. Since your PC is powerful enough to not need the use of Shadow Edit files this won't be an issue for you in the future.

2. Creating Discs....the only concern for you would be if you attempted to burn to a disc a project that had a capacity greater then your available free 39 Gigs of SSD space. In this case a temporary file is created on your SSD drive prior to the actual burning to the disc. This temporary file will be placed on your SSD drive "before" it is burned to the disc and as far as I know its location can't be changed. You could burn to a single layer Blu-Ray disc (25 Gigs), which is less than your current free SSD space with no problem. If the duration of your project exceeded 39 gigs when produced as a temporary file during disc creation, you wouldn't be able to create a Dual Layer Blu-Ray disc(50 Gigs), Triple Layer Blu-Ray(100 Gig) of Quadruple Layer Blu-Ray(128 gig) because the temporary file would exceed your current SSD hard drive space.

If there are other significantly sized temporary files that are generated by Power Director during the editing process I would be interested in learning specifically what they are. But other than those I mentioned, I am not aware of "other" temporary files that are generated by Power Director during the "Editing" process besides Shadow Edit files. There are some small temp files created to generate the wave form on an audio track, but these are small. The only other significant sized files are generated during the "Burning" process.

I just thought I would share what I "think" I know regarding free hard disc space.

I am always open to hear and learn something new to the contrary.

KEEP YOUR AVATAR!! Love it!!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I NEVER present the old 100GB as hard fact anymore, as I think Adrian disproved it to some degree, at least I think it was Adrian. I bring it up, though, as free space can be an issue for some projects, as you pointed out, mon capitan.
Bobbo, go back to the off-putting avatar. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the additional details, this is very helpful! Since I disabled shadow files per Barry's suggestion, I think I'll be ok from here on out.

I never burn my videos to DVD, I think I'll be ok. In fact, I was able to make another video with a different set of clips last night/this morning without any issues .

Barry, you don't like the throw back to a nearly 20-year old "OS" ??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2013 09:40

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I NEVER present the old 100GB as hard fact anymore, as I think Adrian disproved it to some degree, at least I think it was Adrian. I bring it up, though, as free space can be an issue for some projects, as you pointed out, mon capitan.
Bobbo, go back to the off-putting avatar.

I wonder what it takes to disprove the "You need 100 gigs of free space"? I agree with you Barry, it was Adrian I believe.

And from the product specs page:

Hard Disk Space

5 GB required minimum (note: 400 MB is for Magic Music Library)

10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production

60 GB (100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD production

5 gigs needed to install the software.
10 gigs for DVD production(potential Dual layer disc 8.7 Gig)
60 gigs for Dual Layer and 100 gigs recommended for a triple layer.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the additional details, this is very helpful! Since I disabled shadow files per Barry's suggestion, I think I'll be ok from here on out.

I never burn my videos to DVD, I think I'll be ok. In fact, I was able to make another video with a different set of clips last night/this morning without any issues .

Barry, you don't like the throw back to a nearly 20-year old "OS" ??

Personally burning to discs is going to slowly disappear I think. Disc burning will follow 8-Tracks, Cassettes, LP's, VHS, Beta, floppy's, etc. Spinning Hard Drives are next to join the club as SSD drives are gaining popularity.

What will be the latest new type of data storage? I can only imagine!!

By the way Bob....I missed seeing your "previous" Avatar. I trust it was full of controversy!

Kevin
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I NEVER present the old 100GB as hard fact anymore, as I think Adrian disproved it to some degree,

Quote: I agree with you Barry, it was Adrian I believe.

I feel you are probably referring to the controversial thread posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21635.page If so I feel obligated to reply to this post to relieve any criticism that may come Adrian's way, surely he wouldn't deserve it.

Concerning these statements:
Quote: After communicating with the Power Director product manager, I wanted to know "where" the 100 gig free hard disc recommendation came from.

Quote: 1. Shadow files enabled in preferences. These files will end up on your SSD drive as you have no alternate choice, but are of no concern since you have now disabled this preference. The shadow files could "potentially" FILL your SSD drive during a project, but that depends entirely on the scope/duration of how many HD video files are imported into the media room. And that is completely under a users control. Since your PC is powerful enough to not need the use of Shadow Edit files this won't be an issue for you in the future.

Please correct my misunderstanding in item 1. One can easily modify the location of the shadow files created by PD11, I believe the user does have total choice over where to put them. PD11 creates the ShadowEditFiles hidden folder and associated files in the user defined Export location specified in preferences. See pic Shawdow_BS showing PD11 created shadow files and the location of such files as reported by PD11. PD11 created shadow files for CL file Tram.wmv as well as a user file 00004.MTS in D:\ location. My system is C:\ as shown in the pic.

Concerning this statement:
Quote: 2. Creating Discs....the only concern for you would be if you attempted to burn to a disc a project that had a capacity greater then your available free 39 Gigs of SSD space. In this case a temporary file is created on your SSD drive prior to the actual burning to the disc. This temporary file will be placed on your SSD drive "before" it is burned to the disc and as far as I know its location can't be changed. You could burn to a single layer Blu-Ray disc (25 Gigs), which is less than your current free SSD space with no problem. If the duration of your project exceeded 39 gigs when produced as a temporary file during disc creation, you wouldn't be able to create a Dual Layer Blu-Ray disc(50 Gigs), Triple Layer Blu-Ray(100 Gig) of Quadruple Layer Blu-Ray(128 gig) because the temporary file would exceed your current SSD hard drive space.

Please correct my misunderstanding in item 2 as well. One can easily modify the location of these temporary files created when burning a large capacity BD. I believe the PD11 process for authoring and burning is: (process summarized in pics 100GB_BS and 100GB_BS2.
1) PD creates a folder with the current PD11 session PID in the user defined Export location specified in preferences
2) Inside this PID hidden folder, PD holds the menu items which get created in the first ~20% of the "Authoring progress" phase
3) PD11 also creates a hidden PP.TWOPASS folder which contains the entire BD folder structure to be burned to disc when the authoring phase is complete. This folder again is created in the user defined Export location specified in preferences.
4) At ~99% authoring stage, PD11 moves the create menu structure from the PID created folder to the appropriate PP.TWOPASS folder structure and empties the contents of this PID folder.
5) PD11 then burns the PP.TWOPASS contents to the BD during the "Burning progress" stage
6) When the burn is successful, PD11 removes all the contents of the hidden folders but leaves the basic hidden folder structure, even when you exit out of PD11. Yes you can have these folders scattered all over for every change of the Export folder location in preferences.
7) I believe the two pics clearly show all large pertinent files required for the BD burning were created in the folder D:\100G_BS.

The above nearly at capacity 50GB BD burn was created with a mere ~10GB on my SSD C:\ just to prove the point. I'm pretty perplexed if these two items came from direct communication with a PD Product Manager, or maybe that explains it all! Please take the opportunity to correct my misunderstanding for the benefit of all.

As I stated previously, I'm not in any way advocating that people have systems with no space on C:\, that's a Windows OS issue and best discussed in other forums. As far as PD11, for shadow files and disc burning, having 100GB free on C:\ for the creation of “scratch files” is not required as these files can be located at any location the user defines. Having adequate space somewhere to create a BD DL, the 100GB or 128GB BDXL discs definitely is a requirement and that somewhere is at the discretion of the user. If the user specifies C:\xxx as Export folder preference in PD11, then yes, space is required on C:\ be it a SSD drive or an HD spindle.

Jeff
[Thumb - 100GB_BS2.png]
 Filename
100GB_BS2.png
[Disk]
 Description
location of BD scratch files during PD11 create disc
 Filesize
677 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
[Thumb - 100GB_BS.png]
 Filename
100GB_BS.png
[Disk]
 Description
location of BD scratch files during PD11 create disc
 Filesize
676 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
116 time(s)
[Thumb - shawdow_BS.png]
 Filename
shawdow_BS.png
[Disk]
 Description
location of PD11 shawdow files
 Filesize
323 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
132 time(s)
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
JL_JL said
I feel you are probably referring to the controversial thread posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21635.page If so I feel obligated to reply to this post to relieve any criticism that may come Adrian's way, surely he wouldn't deserve it.

That's what I like Jeff, I was just about to retire to my nuclear/chemical weapons bunker and work on my plausible deniability script, along the lines of "It wasn't me - it was him, or him, or her, but definitely, definitely not me"

with relief,
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I NEVER present the old 100GB as hard fact anymore, as I think Adrian disproved it to some degree,

Quote: I agree with you Barry, it was Adrian I believe.

Concerning these statements:
Quote: After communicating with the Power Director product manager, I wanted to know "where" the 100 gig free hard disc recommendation came from.

Quote: 1. Shadow files enabled in preferences. These files will end up on your SSD drive as you have no alternate choice, but are of no concern since you have now disabled this preference. The shadow files could "potentially" FILL your SSD drive during a project, but that depends entirely on the scope/duration of how many HD video files are imported into the media room. And that is completely under a users control. Since your PC is powerful enough to not need the use of Shadow Edit files this won't be an issue for you in the future.

Please correct my misunderstanding in item 1. One can easily modify the location of the shadow files created by PD11, I believe the user does have total choice over where to put them. PD11 creates the ShadowEditFiles hidden folder and associated files in the user defined Export location specified in preferences. See pic Shawdow_BS showing PD11 created shadow files and the location of such files as reported by PD11. PD11 created shadow files for CL file Tram.wmv as well as a user file 00004.MTS in D:\ location. My system is C:\ as shown in the pic.

Concerning this statement:
Quote: 2. Creating Discs....the only concern for you would be if you attempted to burn to a disc a project that had a capacity greater then your available free 39 Gigs of SSD space. In this case a temporary file is created on your SSD drive prior to the actual burning to the disc. This temporary file will be placed on your SSD drive "before" it is burned to the disc and as far as I know its location can't be changed. You could burn to a single layer Blu-Ray disc (25 Gigs), which is less than your current free SSD space with no problem. If the duration of your project exceeded 39 gigs when produced as a temporary file during disc creation, you wouldn't be able to create a Dual Layer Blu-Ray disc(50 Gigs), Triple Layer Blu-Ray(100 Gig) of Quadruple Layer Blu-Ray(128 gig) because the temporary file would exceed your current SSD hard drive space.

Please correct my misunderstanding in item 2 as well. One can easily modify the location of these temporary files created when burning a large capacity BD. I believe the PD11 process for authoring and burning is: (process summarized in pics 100GB_BS and 100GB_BS2.
1) PD creates a folder with the current PD11 session PID in the user defined Export location specified in preferences
2) Inside this PID hidden folder, PD holds the menu items which get created in the first ~20% of the "Authoring progress" phase
3) PD11 also creates a hidden PP.TWOPASS folder which contains the entire BD folder structure to be burned to disc when the authoring phase is complete. This folder again is created in the user defined Export location specified in preferences.
4) At ~99% authoring stage, PD11 moves the create menu structure from the PID created folder to the appropriate PP.TWOPASS folder structure and empties the contents of this PID folder.
5) PD11 then burns the PP.TWOPASS contents to the BD during the "Burning progress" stage
6) When the burn is successful, PD11 removes all the contents of the hidden folders but leaves the basic hidden folder structure, even when you exit out of PD11. Yes you can have these folders scattered all over for every change of the Export folder location in preferences.
7) I believe the two pics clearly show all large pertinent files required for the BD burning were created in the folder D:\100G_BS.

The above nearly at capacity 50GB BD burn was created with a mere ~10GB on my SSD C:\ just to prove the point. I'm pretty perplexed if these two items came from direct communication with a PD Product Manager, or maybe that explains it all! Please take the opportunity to correct my misunderstanding for the benefit of all.

As I stated previously, I'm not in any way advocating that people have systems with no space on C:\, that's a Windows OS issue and best discussed in other forums. As far as PD11, for shadow files and disc burning, having 100GB free on C:\ for the creation of “scratch files” is not required as these files can be located at any location the user defines. Having adequate space somewhere to create a BD DL, the 100GB or 128GB BDXL discs definitely is a requirement and that somewhere is at the discretion of the user. If the user specifies C:\xxx as Export folder preference in PD11, then yes, space is required on C:\ be it a SSD drive or an HD spindle.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I love all the knowledge you have. Thanks for sharing it. I knew if I wrote enough you would come out from where ever you were and add some great information. Where have you been? I hope you are well.

Again just sharing information as it was communicated to me as I understood it.

Kevin

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
JL_JL, the wizard of "wow". HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: JL_JL, the wizard of "wow".

Ain't that the truth! Wow!!

And that controversial topic you linked to Jeff..... I must have missed reading that one as it developed. That was a first time read for me, but your write up was a great read. Sorry I missed it. But it sure was a doozy!!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin, any further communication with your quoted Power Director product manager to add additional clarity or correction?

For reference and completeness, I see with the release of PD12, CL offers this in the FAQ:
Preview Rendered Files

The rendered preview files that are created are stored in the Preview Cache Files folder in the Export folder specified in File preferences. The default location is:
C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\Preview Cache Files

You can set the export folder location as required:
Click on Preferences button > File > Export folder

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16451&prodId=4&prodVerId=1052

This was also shown in the item 1 discussion figure (shawdow_BS.png) showing the "Preview Cache Files" hidden folder. So, if desired, all the typical larger scratch files created by PD can easily be moved to any location with simple user preference control. The C:\ does not need space to contain any of these scratch files, it's been like this for several versions of PD so puzzling why so many currently claim the contrary, real user experience or maybe just passed down forum urban legends?

If one followed the process for Disc creation in the previous post one can easily see that statements on the forum similar to,
The "Write to folder" when checked with "Burn to disc" separates the process and stresses the CPU less offers users that have burn issues very little resolution. The PD process is already split, it simply encodes the timeline to a predefined folder and then burns.

Since these "Burn to disc" are hidden folders, it's rather important that users know the locations when attempting large BD disc burns and has modified windows to show hidden folders. If PD would hiccup during the process, these hidden folders are not always purged of the large files and when scattered around as the "Export folder" was changed can start to consume significant HD space. To my knowledge, PD does not track these files that might be left during a burn hiccup and they cannot be deleted within PD preferences, if they exist one needs to delete with windows explorer.

Jeff